Many have heard of it. A few have cooked it. But no one has made it with such flavor and juiciness. This chicken will be moist, tender and have flavor throughout. Crispy skin and can be cooked anywhere, indoors or out. You can use a smoker, a grill, or an oven. Anything that generates heat and allows the chicken to stand up will work.
1 Whole Chicken – Any size you want
Oil of choice. I prefer olive or avocado oil. But vegetable or other cooking oil works fine.
2 heaping tablespoons of Bub n’ Muthas Dinnah Dust
1 can of beer. The darker the better, but your choice
1. Rinse chicken out totally and pat dry. Rub with the oil of your choice. Be sure to get it on all sides of the chicken since it will be cooking standing up and all sides will be exposed to heat.
2. Take one of the tablespoons of Bub n’ Mutha’s DownEast Dinnah Dust and place it inside the cavity of the chicken. Using the container, sprinkle Dinnah Dust all over the chicken.
3. Break its wings and tuck them behind the back (This helps the chicken remain upright and cooking evenly.) Take the beer and pour out (or drink) half the can. Then toss the second tablespoon of Dinnah Dust into the remaining beer. Insert beer can into the chicken so that it can stand up in a cooking tray, on your grill or in the smoker.
4. If using your oven, set to 325 and cook for about an hour and 15 minutes (longer if a larger chicken). On the grill or in the smoker cook as you always cook chicken and test for doneness.
5. Carefully remove the beer can after done (The beer has been boiling so it’s extremely hot)